This entry was posted on September 6, 2012.
An average time that we spend on our bed is around 8 hours a day, when we lie down, breathe deeply and unwind in our bedding. But, what are you breathing in – fresh air or chemical toxins? Conventional bedding is manufactured using various synthetic fibers, pesticides and high-impact dyes containing elements that can cause health problems.
This calls for a change and the change is the use of organic bedding such as bamboo bedding. These bedding are free from hazardous chemical and dyes unlike conventional bedding that employ pesticides and dyes and could also be wreaking harm to your body.
Here are some reasons elucidating why to go for bamboo bedding and not for conventional bedding:
• Harmful chemical dyes used in conventional bed sheets, mattress covers and pillow covers can be highly reactive and allergenic to your skin and respiratory system.
• Stuffy nose, watery eyes, chest congestion, rashes and even cancer (from benzidine-based dyes) is likely to cause to the person spending long hours on the conventional bedding type.
• Disclosure to polychlorinated biphenyls (a category of pesticides) has been associated to reduce fetal growth and duration of gestation in pregnant women, escalating probability of miscarriage and preterm birth.
• It is proven that exposure to pesticides present in conventional bedding can lower your child’s IQ level and augment your child’s chances of developing leukemia.
• On the other hand, bamboo bedding is Hypoallergenic and has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-mold qualities.
• Bamboo sheets are inhospitable to bed bugs, dust mites, and other harmful microbes.
• Additionally, Bamboo fabric has the special temperature regulation abilities. It can naturally wick moisture away from the body reducing humidity.
Whenever, you go shopping next time to purchase your bedding, buy organic bedding that will offer you a healthy sleep system along with a healthy lifestyle. Cozy Earth helps you adopt a more healthy and organic way of life. Change your bedroom in an organic and healthy manner choosing from a range of natural beddings, silk filled comforter, bamboo sheets and pillows, giving you the comfort you desire and the health you deserve.